Looking back on an entire year is a bit overwhelming. Dontchya think?
2014 was my fourth official year in business. I took a little “breather” and scaled back to only photographing 7 weddings and over 45 portrait sessions. I had the exciting surprise of landing the 2014 bridebook cover and named 2014 Top Wedding Vendor by Virginia Living Magazine. I traveled to Washington DC and VA Beach to photograph some very awesome moments. I introduced new clients into the Tara Lilly Photography family and captured familiar faces. I’m tickled pink with 2014, it was good to me, sure pop was.
I learned a few things in 2014:
– You can never have enough batteries…in all sizes possible.
– When in doubt, bring a coat and umbrella….and bug spray.
– Be prepared for anything, including photographing goats and riding in the floor of an SUV, up a curvy mountain.
– Photographing in the rain, at night, can result in amazing results. You don’t need “perfect” weather or day to make awesomeness happen.
– Breathers are good for the soul, very good for the soul.
I am so, so thankful for each of you. Those who take the time to visit, read and view my images…and especially those who trust their memories in my hands. You all are awesome. Can’t wait to see what develops out of 2015…see what I did there? Develop. Hahaha. A little photography humor for you : D