I always find myself breathing deep after the winter. The kind of breath that resembles a “I survived.”
So dramatic like.
Spring brings a new life and a new freshness (albeit covered in pollen). I’ve been chiseling at my stack of books to read. I recently just finished Cultivate by Lara Casey which is the perfect connection between gardening and having faith:
After the fallen tree incident, I’ve been working to get my house back in order. The repairs finished in March but the yard required a lot of cleanup where the pine tree left a lot of debris.
I decided to take on a little fireplace project. I spent several days layering paint and adding texture to get the look I wanted:
Over the past five months, I’ve worked on being very intentional with how I fuel my body. I’ve dealt with stomach issues for 15 years and I’ve honestly had enough with it. Over the last couple of years, I’ve felt head fog and a difficulty and moving through my thoughts and accurately communicating what I want to say.
I tried vegan in January, gluten-free in February, and switched to a no-dairy, gluten-free diet towards the end of February. If anything has been the biggest change it’s been the gluten-free diet. The head fog has almost entirely got away except for times I cheat and eat pasta or bread.
I mainly stay away from dairy besides eggs. I eat mostly vegan butter and I will eat some meat and seafood, but I’ve always been super picky about both so I’ve never eaten a lot of either.
Below are some of my favorites for those trying GF/DF diet:
- E&C’s Heavenly Hunks for the sweet tooth.
- Not “Big Mac” Loaded Tater Tots
- Vegan Spicy Thai Peanut Ramen (just use gluten-free noodles)
- Life-Changing Banana Walnut Pancakes
- Pecan-Crusted Sweet Potato Bowls
- Egg Roll in a Bowl (I usually do tofu)
- Van’s Gluten-Free Pancakes
- Against the Grain GF Bagels (they are made with milk products)
- Purely Elizabeth Granola
- Plantain Chips at Trader Joe’s
- GF Pasta Options at Trader Joe’s
- Pamela’s GF Flour off Amazon (I haven’t tried King Author yet but heard that one is good, too)
- Hippies for snack-y snacks
- GF Crust at Blaze Pizza is fire
- Flax4Life Brownie Muffins at Earth Fare
- Vegan cheese is errrrrr…I usually just don’t eat cheese or eat the real thing
- I don’t really mind some dairy-free ice cream. Ben and Jerry’s is pretty good and it’s better than an tummy ache
Have you been GF or DF? Any recipes or tricks you’ve found? Please comment below!
Meanwhile, I’ll leave you with a Fruity Pebble donut from Suarez Bakery because yes.