Trying to take in every bit of summer…while staying hydrated. These hot southern summers in Charlotte are no joke. Shew. Don’t think I won’t partake in some ice cream for dinner, that’s living my best life.
Memorial Day and July 4th came and went with burgers hot off the grill, cheesy mac n cheese, and watching fireflies. For the most part we’ve stayed in town but I’ve been having an itch since May for a road trip. Mountains, beach, or lake…the road is calling my name. Any favorite vacation spots out there?
It’s take a few years to fully understanding whatever I spend time thinking on, listening to, etc. directly impacts my heart. I haven’t liked where I’ve been recently, my perspective, my thoughts, my negativity. Yuck. What I’ve spent time thinking on has impacted my ability to the best version of me.
I haven’t been an avid reader since I was in elementary school, but I knew I needed to be more intentional with my time. I may have went a little overboard on Amazon’s Prime day and stocked up a few high reviewed books:
- The Creative Curve by Allen Gannett: devoured this in a couple of weeks. I highly recommend if you are a creative soul. It’s eye opening on how to approach your craft for success.
- Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis: almost done with this book and can’t wait to share it with a couple of friends. I feel like everything that Rachel says in the book are things I know, but need reminded (again).
- 100 Days to Brave: Devotions for Unlocking Your Most Courageous Self by Annie F. Downs: I’m on day eleven and very sweet friend gave a 100 day journal that goes along perfectly with this book. Gratitude and being brave for 100 days. Doing it.
- She’s Still There: Rescuing the Girl in You by Chrystal Evans Hurst: haven’t started yet
- Cultivate: A Grace-Filled Guide to Growing an Intentional Life by Lara Casey: haven’t started yet
- Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t by Simon Sinek: haven’t started yet
- Grace, Not Perfection: Embracing Simplicity, Celebrating Joy by Emily Ley: haven’t started yet
- Fairest of All: A Tale of the Wicked Queen (Villains) by Serena Valentino: haven’t started yet
- Everybody, Always: Becoming Love in a World Full of Setbacks and Difficult People by Bob Goff: haven’t started yet
I’ll keep you updated here with how my progress goes with each book and my review.
We’ve trying out new restaurants around Charlotte. A lot has opened this summer! Haymaker was on the list and I can’t wait to go back. This past weekend we stood in line for 45 minutes to try Jeni’s ice cream (it opened on Friday). I love ice cream so that’s how I roll.
Last month, I pushed myself out of my comfort zone on a portrait session of my colleague, Terrence. I made myself try new lighting techniques, go with the wild cards, and pay extra attention to how the light was captured. I’ll be posting his photos on the blog soon.
Incase you missed it, I have a newsletter! Freshly launched and ready for you to subscribe. Keep up to date with my adventures, my photos, and a few things that keep me inspired that I believe will do the same for you. SUBSCRIBE HERE.